Penang RC Drift Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

belt or shaft driven, best for drift?

Go down 
+2
navz
Zeekay
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zeekay
Admin
Zeekay

belt or shaft driven, best for drift? Empty
PostSubject: belt or shaft driven, best for drift?   belt or shaft driven, best for drift? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:50 am

Source: grovvydrift

members:driftsucky

wHAT Do you like more (belt or shaft). And how much money do you want to Spend (upgrading a Yok or buying a Tamiya).

Belt vs Shaft is like comparing S15 vs S13. It depends more on preference than anything. They both have positives and negatives.

Belts (supposedly) give you more direct response because there's less travel in them. I have a belt driven car and I never noticed it, but according to Science, it's true.
Shaft is supposed to be less maintenance. I've often heard that you can get rocks in belts and other debris that will cause the belt to break or wear down. Maybe I didn't drive my Traxxas enough, but I've never gotten any debris in it and I've never replaced a belt..and it was ONLY driven on concrete.

All that being said, I don't drive my Traxxas at all anymore (because I took it apart and am too lazy to put it back together). My TC4 and MR4TC are both shaft driven chassis. I don't experience any (noticeable) power loss when driving either. Shaft are also said to have oversteer. Maybe I've gotten used to it and just subconsciously adjusted to it, but if it's there in either chassis, I don't notice it.

It really boils down to preference. Everyone has their likes and dislikes about both, so they'll usually endorse the one they like best. But there is no better or worse. One has more use than the other, but that may be politics over preference (I think GD is sponsored by Yok=shaft driven chassis).

Yok vs Tam= PERSONALLY, I think Yokomo has one of the most solid chassis out there. They're definately my favorite. So, my vote is with upgrading your Yokomo. but that's just MY opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://prcdt.forumotion.com
navz

PostSubject: Re: belt or shaft driven, best for drift?   belt or shaft driven, best for drift? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 2:05 pm

i vote for xray.. tongue
Back to top Go down
yoyojun

yoyojun

PostSubject: Re: belt or shaft driven, best for drift?   belt or shaft driven, best for drift? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 3:23 pm

no d i vote for yokomo
cos yokomo is very good for drift
Back to top Go down
VictorGR

VictorGR

PostSubject: Re: belt or shaft driven, best for drift?   belt or shaft driven, best for drift? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 3:24 pm

i vote Tamiya TT01-D
Back to top Go down
MoKuZz

MoKuZz

PostSubject: Re: belt or shaft driven, best for drift?   belt or shaft driven, best for drift? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 5:24 pm

VictorGR wrote:
i vote Tamiya TT01-D

sure tamiya tt01,tb evo5 ms and tb 03
Back to top Go down
yoyojun

yoyojun

PostSubject: Re: belt or shaft driven, best for drift?   belt or shaft driven, best for drift? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 5:54 pm

haha mokuzz jz only vote for himself car nia haha
Back to top Go down
MoKuZz

MoKuZz

PostSubject: Re: belt or shaft driven, best for drift?   belt or shaft driven, best for drift? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 5:56 pm

yoyojun wrote:

haha sure la...nice ma
Back to top Go down
VictorGR

VictorGR

PostSubject: Re: belt or shaft driven, best for drift?   belt or shaft driven, best for drift? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 11:06 pm

yoyojun wrote:

of course lah if u don't even support your own stuff who else would support??? yoyojun seriously lovin your avarta
Back to top Go down
patricklui

PostSubject: Re: belt or shaft driven, best for drift?   belt or shaft driven, best for drift? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 10:39 am

hihi...

at start i like sharft drive, give u power and punch, easy to drift but when i start use TOP belt drive, the smoothness of the power really give u the satisfaction on controlling the car, now i will say, i love belt drive, and belt drive are less togue steer.

but at the end ofcos it's all about personal like and dislike, no rite or wrong.
Back to top Go down
MoKuZz

MoKuZz

PostSubject: Re: belt or shaft driven, best for drift?   belt or shaft driven, best for drift? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 11:06 am

patricklui wrote:
hihi...

at start i like sharft drive, give u power and punch, easy to drift but when i start use TOP belt drive, the smoothness of the power really give u the satisfaction on controlling the car, now i will say, i love belt drive, and belt drive are less togue steer.

but at the end ofcos it's all about personal like and dislike, no rite or wrong.

yaya...i oso hv a trf415...but hard to set up all the things so i put beside le...never play oso lo...haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: belt or shaft driven, best for drift?   belt or shaft driven, best for drift? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

belt or shaft driven, best for drift?
Page 1 of 1